Employer Sponsored Visa's
This visa category requires sponsorship by an Australian employer and offers both temporary and permanent residency visa options.
Temporary Employer Sponsored Visa.
Commonly known as the subclass 457 visa, this is a very popular visa category and has more recently been a solution for Australian businesses seeking skilled employees who otherwise struggled to find local skilled workers. To be eligible for this visa, an applicant must be nominated by an Australian business that has received approval as a standard business sponsor. The applicant must be nominated for an occupation that is listed on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) as per the current legislative instrument and meet the skill level for this occupation.
The subclass 457 allows visa holders to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years under the sponsorship of their employer.
The employer and visa applicant must work together to complete three mandatory stages of the subclass 457 visa process.
- Standard Business Sponsorship (to be completed by Employer)
- Nomination (to be completed by Employer)
- Visa Application (to be completed by applicant)
While this visa is only temporary, this may be used as a pathway to permanent residency.
In addition to the subclass 457 visa, there are other temporary employer sponsored visa options available for short term business visits – contact Visa Vision Australia today for more information.
Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa.
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) are popular pathways for skilled individuals to gain permanent residency in Australia. This visa is also available to applicants based outside of Australia.
- There is a third application stage that applicants must complete for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme and this is approval by a Regional Certifying Body.
- The applicant must be nominated for an occupation that is listed on either the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) or ANZSCO – the list that applies to each applicant will vary and be determined by the pathway you are eligible for. Visa Vision Australia can advise your eligibility pathway.
- Paperwork required for this visa category will vary for each applicant. A skills assessments and English Language testing may be applicable.